This programme will allow you to identify, develop and apply appropriate interpersonal, organisational and functional skills required to embark on a career in HRM as a reflexive practitioner. It enables students to evaluate contemporary and future trends in HRM from critical perspectives. You will develop a critical understanding of Human Resource Management as a body of theory and practice and allows you to become a graduate who can operate in a changing global context using a range of practical, analytical and in-depth research project skills.
- Human Resource Management programme integrates and explains the interrelationships between employment relation dynamics, legal and strategic dimensions of managing and engaging people in organisations.
- The programme enables students to identify and apply relevant theory to address issues and challenges that face workers, managers, leaders, organisations and society.
- Expert academics will teach you with first-hand experience in researching or working in human resource management.
- The programme leaders are experienced professionals dedicated to ensuring students receive a high-quality education. They are readily available to answer any questions or concerns students may have regarding the accreditation process or the course content.
- DMU Dubai students can now benefit from the Industry Advisory Board, which comprises leading experts and professionals at the enterprise level. The board provides valuable insights and guidance to ensure the curriculum remains relevant and current with industry trends and demands.
- Benefit from Education 2030, where a simplified ‘block learning’ timetable means you will study one subject at a time and have more time to engage with your learning, receive faster feedback and enjoy a better study-life balance.
We want to ensure you have the best learning experience possible and a supportive and nurturing learning community. That’s why we’re introducing a new block model for delivering the majority of our courses, known as Education 2030. This means a more simplified timetable where you will study one subject at a time instead of several at once. You will have more time to engage with your learning and get to know the teaching team and course mates. You will receive faster feedback through more regular assessment, and have a better study-life balance to enjoy other important aspects of university life.Read more about Education 2030
Block 1: People Management: Leadership, Development and Analytics
Block 2: Managing Employment Relations in a Legal Context
Block 3: Sustainable Human Resource Management in the Contemporary and Global Context
Block 4: Employee Resourcing in the Changing World of Work
Block 5 & 6: Research Dissertation in Human Resource Management
Note: All modules are indicative and based on the current academic session. Course information is correct at the time of publication and is subject to review. Exact modules may, therefore, vary for your intake in order to keep content current. If there are changes to your course we will, where reasonable, take steps to inform you as appropriate.
At DMU Leicester this programme is accredited by the below-mentioned bodies. Students starting at DMU Dubai then transferring to DMU Leicester to complete their studies may be eligible to achieve the UK professional accreditations associated with this programme: contact us to find out more.
Our Business School is a Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Approved Centre. You will acquire the underpinning knowledge to enable you to work towards full Chartered Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), the UK’s leading professional body for all HR practitioners. Our Business School is a Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Approved Centre. You will acquire the underpinning knowledge to enable you to work towards full Chartered Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), the UK’s leading professional body for all HR practitioners.
Teaching and assessments
The learning and teaching methods on this programme embrace a broad range of approaches that have demonstrated effectiveness in postgraduate marketing education. These include both formal and informal inputs. Traditional lectures will outline the models, theoretical frameworks for the different areas of marketing, with a cutting-edge focus on strategic alternatives and considerations. Tutorial discussion and other interactive activities such as seminars, workshops, and case study analysis encourage students to examine further the core elements of marketing in a critically analytical manner. Other approaches might include videos, guest lectures, collaborative group work, such as presentations and projects, and individual presentations, simulations and computer modelling and the Dissertation or Marketing Consultancy Project.
Assessment strategy is based on testing a wide range of skills required for digital marketing management practice. Support is provided through feedback on initial work and general guidance. Examples include reports, infographics with tables and diagrams, presentations and coursework. Students are encouraged to showcase their work on LinkedIn because the work ties in directly to employability.
Teaching contact hours
This is a full-time course and in total you should be prepared to devote approximately 2 hours of lectures, 6 hours of workshop and 2 hours of asynchronous activity each week.
Graduates from the Human Resource Management programme have pursued careers in a wide range of organizations such as oil and energy companies, voluntary sector organisations, banking and finance, retail etc. Many continue their academic studies to complete their PhD.