This course will enhance your understanding of core business knowledge and develop your ability to identify and manage essential issues relevant to international businesses.
You will learn to examine international businesses critically, gain an understanding of why and how firms go international and learn to create successful strategies for international expansion for companies through modules such as International Business Strategy as well as Operations and Supply Chain Management.
Further modules, such as Leadership and Change Management and Critical Management and Organisation Studies, will deepen your understanding of key topics and themes within management, especially in the context of an uncertain and increasingly globalised world of international business.
- Tailor the course to your career aspirations – launching a small business or growing an established company – by choosing from various modules.
- Benefit from guest lectures, bringing new dimensions and insights to your learning. The diverse nature of the programme means you provide you an international learning environment.
- Please take advantage of the enterprise environment that offers interactive modules, virtual guest sessions, and collaboration with peers from different organisations and locations. The forum will expand your knowledge and skills in leadership, project management, data analysis, and more. Stay ahead in your career by leveraging the opportunities provided by our learning environment.
- The programme leaders are experienced professionals who ensure students receive a high-quality education. They are readily available to answer any questions or concerns students may have regarding the accreditation process or the course content.
- DMU Dubai students can now benefit from the Industry Advisory Board, which comprises leading experts and professionals at the enterprise level. The board provides valuable insights and guidance to ensure the curriculum remains relevant and current with industry trends and demands.
- Benefit from Education 2030, where a simplified ‘block learning’ timetable means you will study one subject at a time and have more time to engage with your learning, receive faster feedback and enjoy a better study-life balance.
We want to ensure you have the best learning experience possible and a supportive and nurturing learning community. That’s why we’re introducing a new block model for delivering the majority of our courses, known as Education 2030. This means a more simplified timetable where you will study one subject at a time instead of several at once. You will have more time to engage with your learning and get to know the teaching team and course mates. You will receive faster feedback through more regular assessment, and have a better study-life balance to enjoy other important aspects of university life.Read more about Education 2030
Block 1: International Business Strategy
Block 2: Choose one from the below:
Innovation and Technology Management
Operations and Supply Chain Management
Block 3: Critical Management and Organisation Studies
Block 4: Choose one from the below:
Leadership and Change Management
Corporate Sustainability and Business Ethics
Block 5 and 6: Choose one from the below:
Note: All modules are indicative and based on the current academic session. Course information is correct at the time of publication and is subject to review. Exact modules may, therefore, vary for your intake in order to keep content current. If there are changes to your course we will, where reasonable, take steps to inform you as appropriate.
Teaching and assessment
You will be taught through a combination of workshops, tutorials, practical learning sessions, online resources and formative assessments to ensure all learning styles are acknowledged.
Assessment is a series of portfolio tasks in most modules, including a broad range of assessments, such as essays, reports, exams, MCQs, presentations. Alongside summative feedback, students will be given feedback throughout the programme to develop and improve their knowledge, skills and understanding. Students also have access to a personal tutor for mentoring and signposting for additional needs.
Teaching contact hours
This is a full-time course and in total you should be prepared to devote approximately 2 hours of lectures, 6 hours of workshop and 2 hours of asynchronous activity each week.
Graduates can look forward to enhancing their existing qualifications and career prospects with a specialist focus on management in an international context. With a deep understanding of global business strategies, you will be able to navigate multicultural environments. Career options include a wide range of functions, especially in multi-national organisations.