If it is necessary for the university to cancel, reschedule or postpone any graduation ceremony due to circumstances in the university’s reasonable view as beyond the university’s control, the university will not be liable for any direct or indirect losses incurred by you or your guests. Examples of such circumstances include (but are not limited to) terrorism, civil commotion, fire, explosion, power outage, flood, adverse weather, natural disaster, industrial action or dispute, act of God, outbreak of communicable disease, epidemic or pandemic, civil emergency, day of national mourning, any law or government order, rule, regulation or action by a government or public authority. In such cases, the university will communicate any plan change immediately. It will not be liable for any losses, direct or otherwise, incurred by graduates or their guests due to delayed, postponed, or rescheduled ceremonies. You and your guests should ensure sufficient insurance protection to cover any losses you may suffer if a ceremony is cancelled, rescheduled, or postponed. We reserve the right to make amendments to our ceremonies for safety measures.
Access and disability requirements
We will endeavour to accommodate all reasonable access requirements. Please state these requirements when booking and the DMU administration will provide feedback on how we can best accommodate your needs. We understand the importance of ensuring all graduates can participate in the ceremony and create lasting memories.
Tickets for children
Graduation is a time of celebrating your achievements for you, family, and friends; children are welcome to attend the ceremonies. However, ceremonies are formal events with moments of music, theatrical lighting, and loud applause. It is not a recommended event for young children who may become restless during ceremonies. Children cannot be left unattended and must always be accompanied by a responsible adult. The safety and well-being of children are the responsibility of accompanying adults. Don’t make travel or accommodation arrangements for you or your guests until all tickets are officially confirmed via email or in person with the Student Advice Centre.
Photographs, filming and social displays:
Students may be filmed at the graduation ceremony for social media and website display. The ceremony footage may be used at future university events. Guests seated in the audience will also be filmed intermittently. The ceremonies will be photographed throughout the proceedings, including individual and group shots. These will be used on the university's social media platforms and websites and may be used for future graduation publications, promotional, and marketing purposes. DMU Dubai has ownership of all the footage and photographs taken during the graduation ceremony.
Terms and conditions of ticket sale
- Additional tickets can only be guaranteed at any stage with a formal request.
- Tickets are non-refundable after dispatch by the university.
- Tickets are not transferrable to other students or guests.
- The university reserves the right to refuse admission or ask patrons to leave if a disturbance or unwanted behaviour is reported or where it believes other patrons’ comfort, enjoyment, or security may be affected.
- The university reserves the right to provide alternative tickets.
- You are advised that lighting and loud music are used throughout the ceremony for visual effects, which may affect photosensitive individuals.
- Any person wishing to enter the auditorium must have a valid ticket.
- Please be in your seat 30 minutes before the ceremony.
- Guests who arrive late will only be admitted during a suitable break in the ceremony, but admission can only sometimes be guaranteed. ‘Late’ is defined as after the ceremony has commenced.
- The staff, students, and guests must wear formal attire to maintain a respectful and professional atmosphere during the ceremony. This includes avoiding casual clothing such as jeans, t-shirts, and sneakers. Additionally, it is essential to note that the graduates will be allocated the formal attire for the event, which they are expected to wear during the ceremony. This ensures a cohesive and uniform appearance among the graduating class.
Refunds will not be available for:
- Any administrative fees paid.
- Any guest tickets.
The university academic awards team processes personal data so that students can:
- Be invited to the ceremony they are eligible to attend.
- Book their student ticket and if required, guest ticket.
- Respond to requests to surveys about their graduation experience.
- Student data is also processed so that degree certificates can be printed with name, title and level of course.
The student’s full name, level and title of course is announced at the ceremony. Mementos and Certificate of Achievements are also announced.