Dr. Abdalellah Mohmmed is a senior lecturer in the Mechanical Engineering and Energy Department at De Montfort University (Dubai Campus). Dr. Mohmmed was an assistant professor in the school of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering at Emirates Aviation University, UAE. In 2016, Abdalellah received his Ph. D. in Mechanical Engineering from University Technology PETRONAS, Malaysia. His main research interest is Fluid-Structure Interaction with an immense emphasis on multiphase flow interaction, computational solid mechanics, computational fluid mechanics, and pipeline engineering. Abdalellah secured an Undergraduate Research Grant from The Research Council (TRC) Oman in 2019 for a project entitled” Numerical Investigations on the Mechanical Fatigue Behaviour of AZ31 Magnesium Alloy” when he was working as a senior lecturer in Middle East College, Oman. He participated in several international conferences and published over 20 peer-reviewed conference and journal papers.
Fluid-Structure Interaction, Computational Fluid Mechanics (CFD), Computational Solid Mechanics, Multiphase Flow, and Energy.
1.Bkar, Osman A., Mark Ovinis, and Abdalellah O. Mohmmed. 2022. "A Comparative Analysis of In-Situ Optical Velocimetries for Oil Spill Flow Rate Estimation" Fluids 7, no. 4: 126. https://doi.org/10.3390/fluids7040126
2. A. Joda, A. O. Mohmmed and E. Tolouei, "A Parametric Study on the Propulsion Performance of MAVs flapping foils," 2022 Advances in Science and Engineering Technology International Conferences (ASET), 2022, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/ASET53988.2022.9734972.
3. Abdalellah O. Mohmmed, Hussain H. Al-Kayiem, A.B. Osman, Investigations on the slug two-phase flow in horizontal pipes: Past, presents, and future directives, Chemical Engineering Science, Volume 238, 2021, 116611.
4. Abdalellah O. Mohmmed, Hussain H. Al-Kayiem, Osman A. B., Osama Sabir “One-way coupled fluid–structure interaction of gas–liquid slug flow in a horizontal pipe: Experiments and simulations”. Journal of Fluids and Structure, 97 (2020) 103083.
5. Abdalellah O. Mohmmed, Basim A. Khidhir, AbdulNazir, Vigil j. Vijayan “Emergency Remote Teaching during Coronavirus Pandemic: The Current Trend and Future Directive at Middle East College Oman”. Journal of Innovative Infrastructure Solutions, 5 (2020) 1-11.
6. Abdalellah O. Mohmmed, Hussain H. Al-Kayiem, Mohammad S. Nasif, Rune W. Time, Effect of slug flow frequency on the mechanical stress behavior of pipelines, International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping, Volume 172, 2019, Pages 1-9.
7. Abdalellah O. Mohmmed, Mohammed S. Nasif, Hussain H. Al-Kayiem, “Experimental data for the slug two-phase flow characteristics in horizontal pipeline”. Data in Brief Journal, 16 (2018) 527.
8. Abdalellah O. Mohmmed, Mohammed S. Nasif, Hussain H. Al-Kayiem, “Numerical Investigation of Slug Flow initiation in Horizontal Pipe Using Volume of Fluid Model”. Progress in Computational Fluid Dynamics Journal 18 (2018) 241-256.
9. Hussain H. Al-Kayiem, Abdalellah O. Mohmmed, Zahid I. Mohammed, Rune Time,” Statistical Assessment of Experimental Observation on the Slug body Length and Translational Velocity in a Horizontal Pipe”, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer,105(2017) 252-260.
10. Abdalellah O. Mohmmed, Mohammed S. Nasif, Hussain H. Al-Kayiem, Rune Time, “Measurement of the Translational Slug Velocity and Slug Length Using Image Processing Technique”. Flow Measurement and Instrumentation Journal, 50 (2016) 112–120.
11. Abdalellah O. Mohmmed, Mohammed S. Nasif, Hussain H. Al-Kayiem, Zahid. Al- Hashimy, “A Numerical Study on the Fluid Structure Interaction of the Slug Flow in A horizontal Pipeline”. Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 819 (2016) pp. 319-325.
12. Abdalellah O. Mohmmed, Mohammed S. Nasif, Hussain H. Al-Kayiem, “A Study on Slug Induced stresses using File-Based Coupling Technique”. ARPN Journal (2016), ISSN: 1819-6608.
13. Zahid. I. Al- Hashimy, Hussain H. Al-Kayiem, Mohammed S. Nasif, Abdalellah O. Mohmmed. “VOF Model for slug flow simulation and analysis in horizontal pipe flow”, Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 819 (2016) pp. 300-304.
14. ZI Al-Hashimy, HH Al-Kayiem, Z K Kadhim, AO Mohmmed “Numerical simulation and pressure drop prediction of slug flow in oil/gas pipelines”, Computational Methods in Multiphase Flow VIII, (2015).
15. Abdalellah O. Mohmmed, Hussain H. Al-Kayiem, Mohammed S. Nasif, Zahid. Mohammed, “Finite Element Analysis of Fatigue in Pipelines Due To Slug Flow”, Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 845 (2014) pp. 271- 276.
16. AL Hashimy, Zahid I.; Al-Kayiem, Hussain H.; Hasan, F.; Mohmmed, Abdalellah. O. Mohmmed. “Effect of Various Fluid Densities on Vibration Characteristics in Variable Cross-section Pipes”, Journal of Applied Sciences, Vol. 14 (2014) p. 2054.
17. Zahid I. Mohammed, Hussain H. Al-Kayiem, Hasan F., Abdalellah O Mohmmed. “Evaluation of Vibration Characteristics of a Pipe with Various Fluid Densities”, (2014).
Fluid Mechanics, Solid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Structural analysis, and Computational Mechanics.
|Fluid Mechanics- Finite Element Analysis – Solid Mechanics- Advance Multiphase Flow- CFD- Strength of Material- Material and Manufacturing- Aircraft Structure- Solid Mechanics- Thermal Systems and Design- Heat and Mass Transfer|
|1. Dean list award (GPA above 3.00/4.00) (6 semesters) BSc in Mechanical Engineering, Sudan University of Science & Technology, (2004-2009).|
2. Golden award 34th edition of science and engineering design exhibition (SEDEX 34), Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Malaysia (2015).